Enrich your year and lose weight too!
If you are like so many, you probably made ‘THE’ New Year’s resolution. You know the one… ‘This year I will lose weight’. Perhaps you made that same resolution in years past.
This year, let’s shake it up with a new approach. Start by asking yourself a frank question: Are you seeking to fill a void in your life with food? If the answer is yes, consider this: Instead of using food, you can enrich your life with new activities and experiences. Here are some ideas:
- Learn to play an instrument
- Take dance lessons
- Enroll in a sewing or knitting class
- Try an art class to paint or draw, learn ceramics or glass blowing
- Join a book club or bowling league
- Volunteer for a charitable organization
- Look into a mall walking club for the winter months ahead
Keep in mind that the busier we are with fulfilling activities, the lower the risk of mindless eating. Let this be your year!