Five ideas to make meal planning during the holidays part of your daily routine.
Eating a healthy diet during the holiday season is easier when you have a plan. Just in case you need a little inspiration to get you going, here are five ideas to keep in mind.
- Go easy on yourself by keeping it simple.
- Have a seat and jot down 3 or 4 days’ worth of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks.
- Make selections that are easy to prepare and use the meal plans again and again by “plugging in” different foods for variety’s sake.
- Write out a shopping list from your meal choices.
- Try making larger quantities of some meals so that other nights you can eat leftovers or freeze entrees for use the following week.