Cajun Baked Fish with Fresh Mozzarella
By Sheila Alford,
There’s nothing like making a fresh fish dish at home that tastes as good as your favorite seafood restaurant’s version. And even though it may look like it takes a long time to cook, you can put this flavorful masterpiece together in just minutes.
Packed with protein, this simple fish dish can be prepped and cooked in under 30 minutes. The fresh mozzarella provides a cool balance to the spicy Cajun seasoning. We used red snapper for this recipe since my husband caught it while fishing. But any white fish, such as tilapia would work.
2 fillets, 8 ounces each White fish, such as Tilapia or Red snapper
1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1 each Tomato, sliced ¼ inch thick
4 ounces Fresh mozzarella cheese
Garnish Fresh basil
Method of Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay the fish fillets on a pan lined with foil.
- Season each fish fillet with the Cajun seasoning, about ¼ teaspoon per fillet or to taste.
- Place 2 tomato slices on top of each fillet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until fish flakes with fork or reaches internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a fresh mozzarella slice on top of each tomato slice.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Yield and Servings
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 4 oz