Banana Flaxseed Oatmeal Bake
By Robin Plotkin, RD LD and Kylie Held,
Imagine oatmeal baked in individual ramekins to create a breakfast that is crisp on the outside but has a slightly doughy center. The addition of cinnamon and raisin make this breakfast reminiscent of a warm, freshly baked cinnamon raisin oatmeal cookie.
|1 1/3 cup||old fashioned oats|
|¼ cup||ground flaxseed|
|1 teaspoon||baking powder|
|2 tablespoons||walnuts, roughly chopped|
|1 cup||mashed banana|
|1 teaspoon||vanilla extract|
Method of Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350o F.
- Grease 4 (16-ounce) oven-safe ramekins with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together old fashioned oats, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, raisins, and walnuts.
- In a separate bowl mix together mashed banana, egg whites, and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and quickly stir everything together.
- Divide batter among the 4 greased ramekins.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Yield and Servings
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 (16 ounce) ramekin
Calories 252.3, Protein 8 g, Carbohydrates 42.5 g, Total fat 7.3 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Sodium 440.8 mg, Sugars 13.5 g, Fiber 6.8 g