Tropical Grilled Fish Sandwich
By Robin Plotkin, RD LD and Jaime Ruisi,
A fruity and succulent fish sandwich that is easy to prepare no matter where your location may be. This sandwich is perfect for a quick boost of protein at lunch or a festive family dinner.
Prefer not having a sandwich? Go ahead and serve the fish over steamed vegetables and/or a small serving of whole wheat couscous or brown rice.
|2 (3 oz.)||tilapia fillets|
|1/2||mango, peeled and sliced|
|1/2||avocado, peeled and mashed|
|1||plum tomato, sliced|
|2||whole wheat hamburger buns|
|Dash of salt|
|Dash of black pepper|
|Red onion, optional|
Method of Preparation
1. Place tilapia fillets on grill at medium heat. With your thumb and fore finger, lightly sprinkle salt and pepper on each side.
2. Let fish cook until it flakes with a fork, approximately 8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, put bun in toaster oven.
4. Place mango slices on top of each fillet and let cook for 1 minute.
5. Lay cooked fish fillets and mango slices onto buns.
6. Add tomato.
1. In a small bowl, mash avocado. Add 5 raspberries and mix together.
2. Spread onto top side of hamburger bun.
Add lettuce and red onion for a little extra crunch.
Yield and Servings
Yield: 2 sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Calories 342, Protein 27 g, Carbohydrates 35 g, Total fat 12 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 480 mg, Sugars 12 g, Fiber 10 g