Spice Rubbed Baked Turkey Breast
By Sheila Alford
This baked turkey comes out juicy and flavorful and is simple to prepare. For best flavor and tenderness, it is recommended to prepare turkey several hours in advance or overnight before cooking. To reduce the amount of fat and for best tolerance, remove the skin before eating. Pair with a non-starchy vegetable.
4 pounds Bone-in turkey breast
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
1 each zest of orange, finely grated
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Method of Preparation
- Rinse the turkey breast and pat it dry. Remove any visible fat.
- Rub olive oil over the turkey and under the skin. Season with black pepper.
- Mix the chili powder, paprika, brown sugar, orange zest, ginger, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Rub the mix over the turkey.
- Cover the turkey with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven the 450 degrees.
- Place turkey on a rack in a roasting pan. Roast for 45 minutes or longer, until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.
- Let rest for 10 minutes. Discard the skin before carving. Divide into 3 ounce portions and enjoy!
Yeild and Serving
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 3 ounces
Calories 214, Protein 33 g, Carbohydrates 0 g, Total fat 4.2 g, Cholesterol 84 mg, Sodium 71 mg, Sugars 0 g, Fiber 0 g