Greek Quinoa Salad
By Robin Plotkin, RD LD
This ancient grain pairs wonderfully with fresh vegetables and a refreshing lemon dressing. Quinoa is packed with protein and fiber perfect for any meal.
|1 cup||quinoa, cooked|
|1 cup||spinach, chopped|
|½ cup||feta cheese, reduced fat, crumbled|
|½ cup||cherry tomatoes, cut length ways|
|½ cup||red onion, chopped|
|¼ cup||olive oil|
|¼ cup||lemon juice|
|1 Tbsp.||lemon zest|
|¼ cup||basil, chopped|
|1 Tbsp.||fresh cracked pepper|
Method of Preparation
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain.
2. Combine spinach, feta, onion, cherry tomatoes in large bowl.
3. Combine olive oil, basil, lemon juice and zest and fresh cracked pepper in small bowl. Whisk together for 1 minute until all ingredients are well incorporated.
4. Combine quinoa, spinach mixture and olive oil mixture together in large bowl. Mix together until well combined.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve and Enjoy.
Yield and Servings
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1/2 cup portion
Calories 92, Protein 3.4 g, Carbohydrates 7.8 g, Total fat 5.7 g, Cholesterol 3.7 mg, Sodium 100 mg, Sugars .8 g, Fiber 1.5 g