Wonton Ranch Chicken Bites
By Emily Thevis, RD LDN
Wonton wrappers are not just for Asian cuisine anymore. These are very versatile and low in calories, fat, and carbohydrates! Try this recipe for a healthy but delicious bitesize addition to your routine.
|1 pound||chicken breast, raw|
|¾ cup||yogurt ranch dressing|
|½ cup||shredded 2% sharp cheddar|
|1 tablespoon||ranch seasoning|
|2 teaspoons||canola oil|
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Sprinkle chicken with ranch seasoning.
3. Cook chicken in heated oil, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Chop chicken into pieces.
4. Mix chicken and yogurt ranch dressing together.
5. Press a wonton wrapper into each of the muffin tin’s cups.
6. Spoon chicken mixture into wonton wrappers and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool before serving.
Yield and Servings
Yield: 12 servings
Serving Size: 2 cups
Calories 146, Protein 10 g, Carbohydrates 8 g, Total fat 8 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 223 mg, Sugars 0 g, Fiber 0 g