Grilled Chicken and Veggie Skewers
By Sheila Alford
Putting your protein and vegetables on a skewers put a fun twist to your meal and is family friendly if you are cooking for kids too. Make sure you don’t overcook the chicken so it won’t dry out.
|2 teaspoons||olive oil|
|½ teaspoon||dried oregano leaves|
|1 teaspoon||poultry seasoning|
|1 pound||chicken breast, boneless, skinless|
Method and Preparation
1. Wash and rinse the vegetables. Discard the skin from the eggplant.
2. Cut the vegetables in 1-inch cubes.
3. Rub the vegetables with oil and season with oregano.
4. Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes.
5. Season with poultry seasoning.
6. Place the vegetables on a skewer.
7. Place the chicken cubes on a separate skewer (in case the chicken takes longer to cook).
8. Grill the veggie and chicken skewers over a medium fire for about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
9. Cook vegetables until tender and browned and chicken until an internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Yield and Servings
Yield: 4-5 servings
Serving Size: 3 ounces of chicken plus 3 ounces of vegetables
Calories 148, Protein 21.5 g, Carbohydrates 12.2 g, Total fat 2.9 g, Cholesterol 39 mg, Sodium 186 mg, Sugars 6.9 g, Fiber 4.6 g