Salmon Summer Breeze Salad
By Sheila Alford
This tangy salad is light and refreshing, high in protein, and high in healthy omega-3 fatty acids. As a serving, this salad would be considered a meal. Don’t be fooled by it’s “light” appearance though, it will fill you up.
freshly squeezed orange juice
|1 tablespoon||freshly squeezed lime juice|
|1 each||ripe avocado, medium, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped|
|1 each||ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and coarsely chopped|
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil, pat the salmon dry, and place on the foil with skin side down.
3. Rub the salmon with olive oil, just enough to coat lightly. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Roast salmon in the oven for about 12 minutes. Rule of thumb is to cook the salmon 4 to 6 minutes per half inch of thickness. (Mine was about 1 inch thick, so I baked for 12 minutes). Salmon is cooked through when easily flaked or reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees at the thickest part.
5. While salmon is cooking, begin preparing the salad.
6. Whisk the orange and lime juices together.
7. Add the avocado and mango and toss to combine.
8. When salmon is cooled, add to the salad mixture and lightly toss.
9. Divide into 2 portions and enjoy!
Yield and Servings
Yield: 2 servings
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Calories 418, Protein 22.3 g, Carbohydrates 24.1 g, Total fat 24 g, Cholesterol 54 mg, Sodium 61 mg, Sugars 14 g, Fiber 6.5 g