Chicken Pizza Crust
By Emily Thevis, RD LDN
You’ve heard of using cauliflower to create a low carb pizza crust, but what about chicken? Use this recipe to create a low carb, high protein, flavorful recipe that will make you feel like you’re cheating.
|1 pound||chicken, ground|
|¼ cup||parmesan cheese|
|¼ cup||part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded|
|1 teaspoon||Italian seasoning blend|
|¼ teaspoon||black pepper|
Method and Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine ground chicken, cheese, and spices.
3. Line pizza pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
4. Evenly press chicken mixture into pan.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.
6. Add sauce and toppings of choice (load up on veggies!), and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Yield and Servings
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1/8 of crust (toppings not included)
Calories 116, Protein 13 g, Carbohydrates 0.5 g, Total fat 7 g, Cholesterol 41 mg, Sodium 135 mg, Sugars 0 g, Fiber 0 g