Sweet Treat Substitute
By Emily Thevis, RD LDN
Sweet cravings can be difficult to beat, and there is no good substitute for ice cream. A good way to satisfy those cravings is to use natural sweets, such as fruit, and pair with protein to balance it out. This will also help keep you full for longer, and reduce high calorie treats.
|½ cup||unsweetened almond milk|
|3 tablespoons||dairy-free chocolate chips|
whey protein of your choice
Method of Preparation
1. Wash and dry cherries. Remove the pits from the cherries. Place in a freezer bag or glass container. Freeze for at least 3 hours (can also use pre-frozen cherries).
2. Peal a banana and place half in freezer.
3. Pour ¼ cup of almond milk into ice cube trays and freeze.
4. Place frozen cherries, half frozen banana, almond milk cubes, ¼ cup almond milk, and 1 scoop protein powder in food processor or blender. Process until completely smooth.
5. Stir in chocolate chips and enjoy!
Yield and Servings
Yield: 3 servings
Serving Size: ½ cup each
Calories 122, Protein 11 g, Carbohydrates 19 g, Total fat 1 g, Cholesterol 2 mg, Sodium 71 mg, Sugars 13 g, Fiber 3 g